This is a question we should all think about: What is the 10 Year Version of YOU??
The 10 Year Version Of Me (Professionally):
- Award Winning Actress
- One of the highest paid Video Editors in Hollywood
- CEO of __________ Productions (still working on the name )
- Philanthropist: my focus is on low income families, disadvantage youth, victims of abuse, homelessness, people with criminal records, and aspiring artists
- Inspirational Writer: Author of Poetry books and greeting cards
You don’t have to be just one thing….you can throw a few slashes in there! Just be the best at everything! Giving 110%!!
Now that you know what you want to be known for in 10 years it’s time to take the necessary steps NOW to get there!
So if I plan to be all these wonderful things then I need to get the necessary training, do the necessary research, get the necessary experience, and work hard and continue to work hard even when I don’t want to work!!
You have to think long term!! Get a clear picture of the type of person you want to be in 10 years, get a clear picture of what you want to be doing, and then map out how you are going to reach that destination.
- What classes do you need to take?
- What degree do you need to have?
- Where do you need to live?
- What experience do you need to gain?
- What people do you need to meet?
- What skills do you need to improve?
You get the idea!!
Everyday you need to do SOMETHING that is going to get you one step closer to your 10 year plan. I don’t care if it’s just reading one chapter in a book about starting your own foundation, or if its spending an hour listening to a web seminar about finding funding for your next movie or whatever.
DO SOMETHING DAILY!! Every step you take, no matter how small the step….is still one step closer to your destination!!
In life there are no guarantees so we know there will be obstacles…so expect it and expect to overcome them! You may have to change your plan a few times but it’s okay because where there’s a will there’s a way.
The key is to know where you’re going, what you need to get there, and then it’s up to you to take the first step toward your destination!
Just remember GOD’S DELAY IS NOT A DENIAL!
Found this poem online: http://sigler.org/shofar/delayind.htm
Cya At The Top!!